Together you are stronger! It is possible to combine your cases. For us to combine multiple matters and cases it is necessary that everyone who wants to participate is known to us. Therefore all your roommates/neighbours have to fill out the ‘Submit your case’-form. Huurteams Nijmegen preferably handles comparable questions simultaneously.
In general Huurteams Nijmegen works for free and uses the following methods:
- Submit your case: After submitting your case through our website, we will contact you. If it is useful we will plan an appointment to see and inspect your home.
- Inspecting your home: During the visit we will measure your home to determine the fair rental price and/or to discuss maintenance problems and/or your service costs, depending on your case.
- Contacting your landlord: With your permission we will contact your landlord and try to reach an agreement about how to solve the problem(s). We strive for a solutions that works best for your situation, so we take in consideration how you feel about different outcomes of the case(s).
- Procedure with the Rent Tribunal (Huurcommissie): If your landlord will not come to an agreement with us, we can start a procedure with the Rent Tribunal. Huurteams Nijmegen will disburse the handling fee of €25 in advance. If we win the case no (service)costs will be charged. If we lose the case, we will charge you the €25 handeling fee.
- Next steps and (situational) collection procedure : After the verdict of the Rent Tribunal your case can be closed, depending on your situation. If necessary Huurteams Nijmegen will assit you with the next possible steps. This is usually needed with cases in which the landlord needs to pay you money, but refuses to do so. In some cases we can help collect. Please note the collection procedure activities is intensive and expensive. To cover a part of our costs we ask a depostit (up to €125) in advance and a percentage of the claim on the landlord. Keep in mind that we are a non-profit organisation, and are using the charged amounts to cover our expenses. We do not charge costs for our regular activities